Mayo Hayes O'Donnell Library
Our Book Holdings
Mayo Hayes O'Donnell
Mayo's Life in Photos
Mr. William O'Donnell's Obituary
Auntie Mayo's Old Adobe House
The Mayo Hayes O'Donnell Collection
History of Monterey by Mayo Hayes O'Donnell
The Amelie Elkinton Collection
Vistas and Street Scenes
Post Cards and Calendar Pages
Historic Figure Portrait Gallery
Del Monte Properties Advertising Photos
Monterey Fishing Industry
Newspaper and Magazine Clippings
MHOD Picture File Collection
Adjacent Areas of Monterey County
Historic Figure Portrait Gallery
The Colonel Fitch Collection
11th Cavalry Commandants Gallery
Colonel Roger Fitch Memorial
The Jacks Family
Mary Christina Jacks
Lee Jacks Page
Mary Romie Jacks
The Anthony Family Collection
The Anthony Family Ancestral Gallery
J. C. Anthony
J. C. Anthony, Jr.
Edna Joy Anthony
Edith Anne Anthony
Harold MacLean (Joy's Husband)
Picnics and Excursions
Buildings and Construction Projects
The Hellam Collection
Hellam Photo Collection
"The Hellams of Monterey" Brochure
Transcription of an Oral History of the Monterey Police Court
The Wayne Edwards Collection
World War I Era Photos
Wayne Edwards Letters
The Minnie Coyle Collection
Mayor Minnie Coyle Commemorative Brochure
Adobe Tour Posters & Programs
Jo Mora Posters
MHOD Vertical File
Wilford Rensselar Holman - Holman's Department Store
Olive Isbell - First "American" Teacher in California
Available Biographical Information
Artists Biographical Files
The Pacific Historian
Noticias del Puerto de Monterey
Doud House Archive
Elkington Collection Newspaper Clippings
Central Hotel and Casa Sanchez, bedecked with bunting by GAR for McKinley visit 1901.
Photograph from a magazine. Horses pulled Monterey's first trolleys between 1891 and 1903.
Copy of a photo of the S.P. depot trolley in Pacific Grove.
Old Photo of Monterey. Article dated 3/3/73.
Old Monterey Photograph. Article dated 3/3/73.
Aerial photo: Shows Monterey Custom House.
Monterey ball park, early 1900's.
Photograph from a magazine/newsletter. Alvarado St., looking North from Pearl St. 1912.
Trolleys that ran Monterey to Pacific Grove.
Image of Alvarado St. 1907, looking North.
Titled: "Old Timers Honored at Pageant".
Monterey Peninsula Herald titled:"Personages of old Monterey.
Magazine article. Larkin House History, began construction in 1834: photo and map.
Home of old lady Allen. Panoramic view, man walking in front.
McKinley House, front view and rear view, circa 1917.
The first convent: St. Catherine's Academy.
Pacific Building on Southwest corner taken around 1880.
Newspaper copy: "Children of the Adobes" (1)
Newspaper copy: "Children of the Adobes" (2)
Photograph of home of Gen. M. G. Vallejo, Sonoma, CA
Photograph from a magazine. Dutton Hotel, Jolon Station
Photograph from a magazine. Del Monte Hotel 1912. Backside Notley's Landing.
Photograph from a magazine. Washington Hotel, Monterey.
Charles Hotel before and after restoration in 1926.
June 19, 1950: Article about the Old Washington Hotel, written by Mayo Hayes O'Donnell.
"The Good Old Days". Two story adobe on Alvarado Street used as drugstore, torn down to make way for modern building.
"A picture of old Monterey". The earliest known photograph of Monterey, shows a view of Abrego Street taken late 1850's.
"Know These Old Buildings"? Madariaga Adobe on Abrego Street. Picture below old hardware store and Union Saloon.
Article. "Know These Old Buildings?" Madariaga Adobe on AbregoStreet. Picture below old hardware store and Union Saloon.
Article. "Some Portraits of Old Monterey".
"More portraits from Old Monterey"
"Gallery of Monterey Personages Pictured Over a Half Century Ago"
An unknown group poses for the photographer.
"Some additional portraits of old Montereyd" a man believed to be Manuel Walter, the rest remain undentified, circa 1890.
"Portraits of Monterey Peninsula women 50 years ago". Further portraits, women unidentified.
"More portraits of citizens of old Monterey in the 1880's" Thomas B. Slate second from the left, the rest remain unidentified.
"They played for Villagers in old Monterey". Group of band members. Picture below one of the early trains at the Monterey depot.
Tiny police station (on right) Calle Principal and Franklin Sts. Capitular Hall Left - Presbyterian Church in Background.
The Garcia House, Monterey 1917.
Garcia House, 1917, rear view.
Metamorphesis in Monterey: Monterey Police Station, Hotel Sank Carlos, Sheraton Hotel.
Photograph of 2 men "For Your Better Health" by C. A. Dean, MD.
2 women (portrait), names unknown.
"Historic old adobe buildings soon to be torn down, will be memories" by Mayo O'Donnell, Nov 9, 1950.
Old family portraits taken over 50 years ago. (1)
Old family portraits taken over 50 years ago. (2)
"More Scenes of Old Monterey." (1)
"More Scenes of Old Monterey." (2)
Custom House, oldest government building in CA,circa early 1900's.
Photograph of Eastside of Fishermans Wharf taken 9-6-1900.
Oldest known photograph of the Custom House.
Article & pictures: "The Old Del Monte Hotel."(1)
Article & pictures: "The Old Del Monte Hotel."(2)
Article & pictures: "The Old Del Monte Hotel."(3)
Article & pictures: "The Old Del Monte Hotel."(4)
Picture of 1973 Carmel River Flood. Picture of 1958 Carmel River Flood.(1)
Picture of 1973 Carmel River Flood. Picture of 1958 Carmel River Flood.(2)
"1958 flood photo shows why Odellos are upset."(1)
"1958 flood photo shows why Odellos are upset."(2)
"1958 flood photo shows why Odellos are upset."(3)
Picture of April 1958 Mission Fields flood.
Photograph of 6 horse team (1887) taken in Carmel Valley.
Photograph taken in 1974 at the same spot of Quail Lodge.
Carmel River Flood (Apr. 1958) picture. Picture of Flood plain development, 1/6/74.
Obituary of Senorita Maria Bonifacio, June 6. 1916.
Poem "Monterey by Daniel O'Donnell".
View of old staircase in rear of Colton Hall. Former main entrance.
Newspaper photo of lower Alvarado Street with the Pink House in the right foreground.
Newspaper photo of a horse drawn car going near the Custom House in 1990's. Second photo of Mike Noon, City Marshall of Monterey, leading a parade on horseback on Alvarado Street on Sept 9, 1908, Grand Admission Day Celebration by the Native Sons of the Golden West.
Newsprint photo of the Old Custom House and Santa Catalina Convent.
Proudly powered by